Tuesday 30 May 2023

Stefan Molyneux on UFO's Again

 
Several times now I've had to make reply posts to Stefan Molyneux about UFO's, along with many other subjects, see the background links below; and as soon as I saw the title of his latest Freedomain shows I knew I would have to do so once again. It is what is for me the ultimate clickbait: When Aliens Arrive!. In the livestream shows, listeners get to ask Stefan questions and he tries to answer them. One of them asks this one; it is reproduced in text in the blurb: "Stef, what do you think about possible government disclosure of ET, UFO existence? Is it going to have massive implications on religion, education and philosophy?" I was expecting Stef to go on a pre-2017 skeptic rant like he has previously. At the back of my mind I was hoping slightly that he might do a mature and gracious about-turn like Sam Harris, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2023/02/sam-harris-on-ufos.html; but how he actually replied was totally different to any of my hopes or fears. As soon as he reads out the question he follows on by saying: "Hope you don't mind a black pill." Odd, I thought, but continued listening. "People don't have thoughts, they have assigned prejudicial reactions. He then goes on to talk about Joseph McCarthy instead of UFO's... Where's this going? I thought, but then pretty soon I understood his point. Stef sets off on a long explanation of how most people's reaction to things you might consider jaw-dropping is astonishingly indifferent. We who care about general principles are in a minority; not just about aliens, but Biden's laptop, the Iraq WMD's, Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinksy etc. Sadly, most people lack independent thought. The NPC meme is not just a joke, it has revealed something chilling about human nature, or at least human nature as it has been engineered by our society. The vast majority of people will not care about UAP revelations unless the papers tell them to. They are "passive receivers of stimuli from the media" says Stef. His wave of misanthropy reminds me of the film Don't Look Up, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2021/12/dont-look-up.html. Source (at 1 hour 2 mins): https://fdrpodcasts.com/5185/when-aliens-arrive-freedomain-livestream.
 
I have to admit, he has a point. I've said as much myself; in fact if I were writing my book Roswell Rising- a Novel of Disclosure today, I would write it slightly differently. Early in the story, there is a worldwide upheaval when governments admit we are being visited by a non-human intelligence. In reality, I predict only about five percent of people would respond like that. Of course another five percent or so, the more open-minded, would be delighted; this would include me. However the remaining ninety percent would go about their business as before, depending on how the media portrayed the UFO presence. This condition brings us on to the threat of fake Disclosure, something I also describe in Rising and its two sequels. Shameless plug: http://hpanwo-bb.blogspot.com/2016/08/roswell-rising-is-here.html. What's interesting is that while he is breaking the news about acute sheeplehood he hardly even mentions the original question, that of UFO's. He also repeats the point about aliens being our salvation because they're bound to be free-market capitalists (an amusing inversion of J Posadas, see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2021/01/j-posadas-and-alien-communists.html). He asks: "How's our own space programme going under government control? Have you got your ticket to Mars yet? NASA said we'd have those years ago... The aliens will rescue us!" I did notice that Stef's tone has changed since he last made this point. Previously he said it in a jocular manner, but now he sounds far more serious. Reading between the lines, this could indicate that he has been influenced by 2017 in the same was Sam Harris was. So therefore I look forward to his future production called Why I was wrong about UFO's.
See here for background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2016/09/stefan-molyneux-on-ufos_28.html.
And: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2018/09/ufos-second-reply-to-stefan-molyneux.html.
And: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2020/02/ufo-disclosure-portal.html.

No comments: