Saturday 26 March 2022

Andy Barlow in Oxon

 
I have been to a workshop in a remote Oxfordshire village featuring Andy Barlow. Andy is an inspirational lecturer on natural law, spiritual and freedom issues, see: https://www.standinyourpower.org.uk. Stonesfield is a village of Cotswold limestone houses set in beautiful green fields. I travelled there by bus from Oxford which took just under and hour, and it was a charming ride. The weather was warm and sunny, and it reminded me of the bus ride from Swindon to Devizes, see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2021/12/bases-project-christmas-lectures-2021.html. A quaint rural location is an unusual place for a conference. I wondered how many people would be able to find the place; but as it happened there was a full house. Despite the rustic Hobbit-like sweetness of Stonesfield, the venue, which was the village hall, had a strange atmosphere that I couldn't quite put my finger on. The manageress of the place was very helpful though. We had tables as well as chairs, which was just as well because many people, including me, needed a place to rest our notebooks, tablets or laptops so we could make notes. Andy Barlow is a big cheerful bald man (bald guys are always cool!) with a humourous and energetic style of speaking. His workshop was interactive with people in the audience interjecting all the time. However this did not disrupt or divert the topics of the lecture. I was worried that I might feel drowsy. I often do in conferences and I had suffered insomnia the night before. For this reason I chose a table at the back of the room so the speaker couldn't see me too clearly. Andy covered many subjects, including his own unique vision of the Freeman-on-the-Land movement, something which I thought had gone out of fashion somewhat in recent years, especially since John Harris died, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2015/06/john-harris-dies.html. It obviously is still relevant. He also spoke a lot about the occult symbolism in words and images. This includes classic movies like The Wizard of Oz which I will never be able to watch the same way again. I learned a lot from Andy about the medical industrial complex and how it makes modern childbirth extremely abusive for both the mother and baby. I found this pretty distressing seeing as I used to be an insider, see: http://hpanwo-hpwa.blogspot.com/2022/02/delivery-suite.html. There were about thirty attendees and I made contact with many new likeminded people, including three who had travelled all the way from Birmingham and a lady from Witney. I also bumped into an old friend I used to know whom I hadn't seen for over seven years. He had been a fellow member of the old Berkshire and Oxfordshire Seeking Solutions group, see here for background: https://hpanwo-radio.blogspot.com/2015/03/programme-131-podcast-carla-buckle.html. The catering was superb. The event's organizer was called Sarah and I've met her before within the Oxfordshire freedom community. She provided the food and refreshments all by herself. It still beats me how skeptics keep saying that what we do is some kind of big money-making scam! The workshop ended at about four PM and I had a pleasant journey home in the dry, balmy afternoon. Many thanks to Andy, Sarah, the management of Stonesfield village hall, and to all the delegates. I hope to go to another similar event soon.
See here for more information: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2022/01/wwd-in-msm.html.
And: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2021/02/coronavirus-portal.html.

No comments: