Saturday 5 October 2019

David Boyle Dies

David Boyle
1948 - 2019
I'm very sorry to report that David Boyle, the great alternative thinker from the north of England, has passed away. David was famous for the exhibitions he ran in Blackpool, Llandudno in Wales and other places. His Doctor Who exhibitions were world famous. When he died, Sylvester McCoy, the third best Doctor after Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston, Tweeted: "I’m so sad to hear David Boyle is no longer with us. He brought myself and many Dr Who fans great fun at the Llandudno and Blackpool cons he ran. His enthusiasm and love for all his projects were infectious! He will be much missed by us all. Sylvester x". David was seventy-one years old. Source: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/business/tardis-send-off-for-man-who-ran-blackpool-s-doctor-who-exhibition-1-10013628. I know David best from his UFO/paranormal/conspiracy theory-themed exhibition in Blackpool known as "Alien Base" and several other names. He was a good friend of the Probe community. In 2010 he gave me and Sue Ustane, my partner at the time, a personal tour of that amazing place, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYe6DY3mPLo. I didn't understand everything he told us, but found it impossible not to be captured by his enthusiasm. Last week I attended David's funeral in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire; see here in the first hour of the film: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2019/10/probe-autumn-2019.html. It was a moving and respectful service attended by his family and friends. As a devoted Whovian, the casket was designed to look like the Tardis. Rest in peace, David. Wherever you are now, I wish you all the best and hope to meet you again one day.

No comments: