Wednesday 22 May 2019

More Synchronicity

I've had another example of that strange phenomenon known as synchronicity, in which a coincidence occurs that is so unlikely that it appears to have some kind of significance; even if it is, of course, unprovable. Yesterday I was walking along a road in Oxford, England, one I walk along almost every day. Suddenly a woman approached me with a smile and said "hello". I didn't recognize her, but replied in kind. If I had met her before and she remembered me even though I had forgotten her then it would be embarrassing for me to ignore her. "Not you." she answered with a giggle and pointed past me. I look round and saw that she was addressing somebody else behind me. We had been so close to each other, relative to her line of sight, that I thought she was looking at me. I apologized and walked on. Then, believe it or not, the very same thing happened again today. It happened close to the same place, within a few yards, and at almost the same time of day. However it was a different person. The person involved yesterday had been tall and thin with dark hair; this time it was a shorter woman with greyish-blonde hair. I didn't even flinch this time because I remembered what happened yesterday. Sure enough, she was greeting somebody behind me. These experiences can always be dismissed as coincidence, and any skeptic reading this will no doubt do so, but in the background links below I will explain why I don't think we should. What did it mean? I have no idea. However, it is as if the universe is giving me a nudge in the ribs or a wink. It is literally a message from God.

No comments: