Thursday 18 January 2024

Fake Stats

 
See here for essential background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2022/08/you-know-what-portal-banned.html.
And: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2022/10/hpanwo-free.html.
It seems the story of my rather suspicious relationship with Blogger continues. I should have predicted this actually. Within the last year or so, in fact about from the same time I had the issues I describe in the background articles above, I noticed something strange about my statistics. Blogger provides a detailed profile about how many people are visiting your pages, who they are and where they come from. I found that my viewing figures would begin gathering as soon as I made a new post on the HPANWO Blogger pages. The stats rise to about twenty or thirty hits and then they stabilize instantly. They still go up afterwards, but very slowly, only about one or two per day. I've also noticed that I am getting more comments than one would expect for those reading stats. This is still going on today. I know what my detractors will say, that this happens because there are only twenty to thirty readers who have any interest in me and I can't attract any more than that because nobody finds what I have to say interesting. They always visit the pages because they follow me on social media and follow the links when I share them. I decided to test this by writing a post and not sharing it at all. The result was that this post received less attention, but only by a small proportion; it got about ten percent fewer hits. This doesn't make sense. I should add that not all my articles fit into this pattern; a few will gain an exceptional number, in fact my recent two about the "Miami aliens" have received several hundred each. Despite this, I don't think my Blogger stats are an accurate record of my readership. This comes on top of the fact that some networks have listed HPANWO as "inappropriate", and that I have been shackled on YouTube and Facebook, see background links below and above. (Strangely enough HPANWO Free on Substack has not yet been banned from Facebook.) Why is it mainstream social media companies are giving some of their users a false assessment of our visibility? Basically, I think it's because they want us to give up. They want us to say: "What's the point of me writing these articles when no bugger reads them!?" Well, bad news, guys; I will never give up! I've seen through you!
See here for more background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2021/07/hpanwo-blogs-shadowbanned.html.
And: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2024/01/ive-been-zucked-part-3.html.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use a downloadable imbedded site traffic tracker on your site and compare to the sites own tracker for discrepancies otherwise anything you claim can't be validated and is pure speculation and perhaps a little overly paranoid.

There are plenty of free ones out there, I used one myself when I had more interest and time to blog/vlog purely to find out the oddest furthest flung countries that were interested in my work.

Let us know what you discover...

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Well, firstly let's see if there's a reason why they're able to produce different results and whether they are compatible with Blogger.
I'll look into it...