Tuesday 18 December 2018

Denver Airport Conspiracy Ads

Denver International Airport has decided to poke fun at its own notoriety in its new advertising campaign. The third largest airport in the world sits northeast of the city of Denver in Colorado USA.  It was opened in 1995 and as soon as people could visit it, worrying information began circulating on the nascent internet about it. There is occult and Masonic symbolism in its architecture, bizarre and alarming works of art displayed on its walls, and witness testimony from people who claimed to have been inside a secret basement complex below the airport where aliens, reptilians and other esoterica can be found, see background links for more information. The airport also has a reputation for misfortune. An artist working on "Blucifer", the sculpture of a demonic horse, died when part of the statue fell on top of him and crushed him. Several aircraft have caught fire while parked at the terminals and in February 2007 fourteen separate airliners had to be taken in for repairs when their cockpit windows shattered from an unknown cause. The airport's management have always denied that there is anything sinister about their facility. However they have now decided to exploit their conspiratorial renown for their own publicity. They have set up the URL "www.DENFiles.com" which directs you to their official website, see: https://www.flydenver.com/. They have produced a number of posters, like the one above. These give a 3D effect with coloured glasses. Here are some more examples: https://www.flydenver.com/great_hall/denfiles. Some conspiratologists are appalled by all this; they believe that this marketing project is an attempt at disinformation. Alternatively it might be a strange kind of confession using reverse psychology. I consider it something completely innocent. The management team have probably done this for their own amusement after laughing privately every day at correspondence from tin foil hat-wearing loonies like me (I personally only sent them one email). However, the subjects they parody in these adverts are actually very real and very serious. It is likely that there is little or no geographical and institutional connection between the public areas of the airport and its covert underbelly; therefore the designers of the ads are likely to be unaware of what's really going on outside the open media hype. Maybe we should see this as something positive. It may be the effect of a rising level of awareness about secret underground government bases in the general public consciousness. If not then it may cause people who see the ads to investigate further and discover what's really going on.

15 comments:

Garry said...

You're scraping the barrel mate with this. What would it take for you to reverse your belief in all this? I speculate that nothing would because you are desperate and obsessed with it. I think Sci man Dan needs to know about you. He is a bloke on You tube who debunks conspiracy theories.

Garry

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Garry, I sometimes watch Dan and in my view he has failed in most of his attempts to debunk conspiracy theories. (There's another YTer I'll have to do reply vids to.) I think your point is a ridiculous one because you focus on my personal flaws rather than the case I make. If you notice I state clearly that I don't think there is a conspiracy behind the billboards.

Garry said...

You want to believe but you have no proof, you really don't. Erm, I think Dan is spot on with what he says, he destroys conspiracy theories, which should be called conspiracy conjectures really. So is there anything that would persuade you that you are wrong on you alien on earth idea? You choose a subject, like religious people do, that can't be totally 100% debunked and you know this. When questioned on one thing you just say something more ridiculous which is similar to what your hero Icke does.

This is not ad hominem, it is fact. I know you like to play the victim all the time but if you make silly claims you have to be prepared to defend them rigorously which I don't think you understand how to do.

Oh yeah, Dan mainly rips apart Flatties; are you defending/apologising them, it wouldn't be surprising? Flatties are woos and you would never play a skeppy over this.

Garry

Trigg said...

I think Gary has a point though I don't know who this 'Dan' is. I mean rigor is important as we need to hold all phenomena up to critical scrutiny. You seem to 'joining dots' on this airport but seems post-hoc to me. After the fact musings and nothing coherent or evidence based.

On architecture, something I studied at degree level but sadly had to quit for personal reasons, you say the airport has masonic symbolism? I would like to know specifics re this. I think you'll find that a lot of major constructions have features that some may describe as 'occult' or 'masonic' (certainly true of old buildings where stone mason 'signatures' used) but I think you'll find that a lot of financial institutions etc are named after mythical Roman, Egyptian and Greek beasts (for example the finance company who owns the new remodelled Northern Rock) which some would see as 'occult' yet this in fact is just about names and no occult significance whatsoever.

This is what'wrong with the conspiracy world. Lots of posturing and speculation but nothing ever seems to make it beyond the musing stage.
Cheers, Trigg

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Garry, see the radio show I did about the flat earth. What do you reckon!

Garry said...

'What do you reckon?' it should be, are you a writer or not? And I don't want to hear your radio show until you answer this question. Breathe in 3rd time lucky.

What would it take for you to change you mind on aliens visiting earth?

Garry.

Morty said...

Geez, Ben, why do you entertain these jerks? Garry and Trigg are obviously trolls as anyone who disagrees with you surely is. I know you are just playing them along hence why you only need to answer their vast boring comments with a clause (a subject and a predicate). Just ignore them or make them read your links and books. You, oh geez, oh man, put so much hard work in, you deserve better conversations and respect.

Defeat the mean trolls.

Morty

Adrian said...

Will there ever be proof of aliens visiting earth? I doubt it very much

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Garry, the answer is simple: If there is another explanation for the phenomena observed.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

There is, Adrian.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Morty, but I think I've just grown a thick skin over the years. You know the comments I publish are only about 1/3 of all the ones I get. You should see the abusive ones.

Paul said...

Hi Ben. Of course ET visitors have landed here. If they are advanced enough to come here they would hardly leave concrete evidence! They are covertly watching us all the time. Ben is spot on. Thanks. Paul

Wolfy said...

Rendlesham is so well documented and something without terrestrial explanation that for me proves that not only the earth has been visited but also the UK. I live in Hebden Bridge and I am convinced that I've seen UFOs. We are constantly being watched.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Paul, they obviously are not keen to be seen. They do show themselves sometimes and I don't know why that is.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

True, Wolfy.