Tuesday 21 March 2023

HPANWO TV EVP

 
See here for essential background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2022/10/evp-on-third-rail.html.
Something very strange happened today that might even be another personal case of electronic voice phenomenon. I woke up as usual this morning and made a cup of tea. As I was drinking it I reviewed a recent HPANWO TV video; this is a morning habit of mine. My PC was switched off so I used my mobile phone, tapping in to my domestic Wi-Fi. Here is the video I was watching: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2023/03/should-we-welcome-our-ai-overlords.html. I heard something at one point that alerted me. I stopped the recording, rewound it and listened to it again. It was still there. I tried it a third time to be certain. I wasn't sure what to do at that point. I had to leave for work within a few minutes and, for security reasons, I never log into my primary Google account on my phone, only my spare one. I thought I'd try and alert my viewers with a video comment, so I wrote: "2:12:40 What's that noise?" I've had no replies underneath, so I don't know if any viewers also detected it. Another reason for commenting straight away is that it is good to have some notification for the historical record; it was the best I could do at the time. The anomalous sound I heard was what resembled a male human voice uttering a single word: "What." (I've deliberately left the question mark out, because punctuation implies speculated meaning. There was also no intonation in the voice and with questions we tend instinctively to raise our voice pitch at the end of the word or phrase.) I went to work intending to deal with the issue some more as soon as I got home. When I returned in the middle of the afternoon I fired up the PC and was astonished, and a little disappointed, to find that the anomaly had gone. At some point during the day it had vanished from the soundtrack as if it had never been there. This means that if no other viewer heard it too, then I can't prove that I hadn't imagined it or it was some transient artefact of my phone's reception. I think this is unlikely because I replayed the recording three times and it was present throughout; but I can't prove it. So if you were watching the above HPANWO TV video yesterday and you heard anything out of the ordinary, please get in touch. This is not the first time something odd like this has happened; see the background link above and here for Trevor and my subsequent analysis: http://hpanwo-radio.blogspot.com/2022/10/third-rail-radio-programme-127.html. Could this be a real EVP? Possibly. It's a shame that, unlike the example on the Third Rail show, this one has now gone and so cannot be studied. If it comes back I'll write an update.
See here for more background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2014/10/bbc-on-evp.html.
And: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2014/01/hauntings-best-evidence-by-don-philips.html.

No comments: