Sunday 20 July 2008

Robert Newman's History of Oil

Robert Newman's History of Oil show: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5267640865741878159&q=robert+newman&ei=1GeDSL3RM6TqigLP0OC0DA

Since the sad and premature demise of the wonderful Bill Hicks, the world needs a good satirical stand-up comedian, and I think if anyone can fill Hicks’ shoes it is Robert Newman. This hilarious and heartfelt show informs, inspires and amuses in perfect proportions. I love the exercise-bike powered lighting! Also the sketch about Archduke Ferdinand, "Nobody is that popular!" had me rolling on the floor! Newman practices what he preaches and is a man of action, not just words.

I differ with some of his views though. I’m as opposed to the fossil-fuel energy system as he is, but carbon emissions are a red herring; in fact carbon dioxide, the substance the environmental movement is currently obsessed with, is ironically the only harmless thing we do emit! It’s a dangerous distraction from much worse pollution and being used by the Elite to justify a whole array of Big Brother laws and, the far more destructive, nuclear power: (Background: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2007/12/convenient-lie.html )

I’m also very dubious over Peak Oil. I haven’t made up my mind 100% over the issue, but here’s an interesting debate between Ian Crane and Rob Hopkins; maybe by listening to this, you will: http://www.revver.com/video/752266/peak-oil-myth-or-reality-recording-from-glastonbury-radio-part-one/

No comments: