Sunday 30 June 2024

"Hold Your Nose and Vote Tory"

 
The British Conservatives are one of the most successful political parties in the entire world. I think the secret of their success is that although people who support them will vote for them, obviously; so do a lot of people who oppose them. The Tories live in this incredible bubble of luxury. They can mess up as much as they like, and then say: "You may hate us, but you still have to vote for us, 'cos if you don't Labour will get in!" This was even the very basis of David Davis' party political broadcast, see: https://x.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1806964495618592797. Peter Hitchens is one of the few black pillers I can tolerate because of his intelligence and charisma, but his position on voting is the same, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MrtxOuCxs. The YouTube content creator The Britisher echoes him, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeQL6hMSzQQ. I'm disappointed. They are both normally more sensible. The fear these two men have of the Starmergeddon is quite understandable. When they get into power Labour are going to go hell bent for leather on every Big Brother, tax raising, wage-slashing, wokeist guilt-shaming, boat welcoming, man-hating, white people-hating, child-hating, EU rejoining measure they can think of... or they are going to try. Surely anything is better than that isn't it? Can't we just for once in our lives hold our nose and vote Conservative to prevent that, or at least to lessen its severity? No way! The Tories have lived on this fantasy island for far too long. Their chickens have come home to roost and I'm getting the popcorn in Thursday to watch them squirm! I don't want the Starmergeddon either, in fact it terrifies me. My life and that of millions of others will become far worse if Labour have their way, but will they? I have not lost hope that something will come out of left field. That has happened to the establishment with everything else they have tried since 2016. Has the 2016 Effect really just faded away? Surely not. I'm not going to fall for Hitchens' own Project Fear. If he has his way, then what? Do we just keep bumping along the bottom of the Uniparty abyss forever? If now is not the time, when is it, Peter? What's your plan?
 
At this juncture most people would continue with "Vote Reform UK!" I'm not going to do that; partly because in my case it is pointless. There is no Reform candidate in my constituency. "Well, join the party and stand yourself then, Ben." I hear you say. What, with my baggage? I'll be talking about UFO's at the hustings! What's more I have issues with Farage and Reform as I say in the background links below. However, I would say to you, if you have somebody from Reform standing in your constituency, voting for them is not a bad move. They are definitely the least phoney major political party in Britain. The establishment are clearly repulsed by them. They even hired an actor to pretend to be one of them and behave in an atrocious manner in collaboration with a "secret" cameraman in order to defame the party, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74KB-9nHoqs. I agree with what Peter Hitchens says about Keir Starmer and I know what threat he poses. I have no sure answer about how to avoid the Starmergeddon, but falling back into a safe corner to vote for a party that is only about two percent better is a weak and defeatist reaction, a futile policy of containment. For the sake of ourselves, our families, our country and our world the time has come to roll the dice. Please go to HPANWO TV to watch a special election livestream, see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2024/07/general-election-2024-livestream.html. Also, see here for my election HPANWO Radio show: https://hpanwo-radio.blogspot.com/2024/07/hpanwo-show-55-podcast-niall-murphy.html.
See here for background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2024/06/reforming-reform.html.
And: https://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2019/10/brexit-portal.html.

2 comments:

Gravity Mirror said...

It's ironic that way back in 2015 Keir Starmer was misprinted as 'Care Stemmer' by a British-Bangladeshi newspaper.

https://banglamirrornews.com/2015/09/30/uk-will-see-many-bangladeshi-mps-in-future-labour-friends-of-bangladesh/

Perhaps that's why he's got it in for the Bangladeshis but a strangely predictive misprint anyway.

I agree with your article. I will vote just to show independence of thought and demonstrate rejection of the BBC and corporate media but I don't expect voting to bring anything more than theatrical change.

The most horrific prospect with Starmer is that he will continue to support Ukraine when the rest of the West have stopped doing so, in which case none of the other things are going to matter very much.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks for the comment, GM. I didn't know that about the Bangladeshies. Of course, KS is a phantom character in the media today with no reference at all to his dark past, especially when it comes to his career as attorney general. The good news I suppose is that the UK will be isolated beside a Crumbling EU with pro-independence populists in charge and a Trump-led America.