Sunday 4 September 2011

Have I got Morgellons?

I think I’m becoming a bit of a hypochondriac. I’ve started to be scared that I might have Morgellons Disease. The reason for me thinking this is that I have a very long and thin single hair growing out of my forehead about half an inch above my right eyebrow. It’s extremely fine and in fact I don’t think it’s even visible in the photo. I’ve cut it once already but it grown back surprisingly quickly. Within a month or two it’s over an inch long! I’ve also been getting red spots on my shoulders and forearms.

I’m being daft really. Morgellons is actually something very different; a condition most doctors don’t even accept exists. See: http://www.morgellons.org/ It’s been largely denounced as hysteria by much of mainstream medicine. The official line is that the “particles” are just cotton fibres from dressings that have become embedded in scabs, but as you can see this doesn’t match the patients’ experience.

No comments: