Wednesday 19 September 2012

A Reply from the Bank


I've received a reply to the letter I wrote to my bank on the 30th of last month, see here for background: http://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/my-letter-to-bank.html The reply reads:
 
Dear Mr Emlyn-Jones,
 
Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. From your letter I understand that you believe the agreement for your loan account and current account to be unlawful. We have investigated and please be assured that we can find no mistake. We understand that this situation has caused you concern and we want to restore your confidence in us.
 
I do not believe your letter has any legal bearing whatsoever in relation to your accounts. Given the contents of your letter I am concerned that you may be obtaining advice as to your legal rights from an unqualified third party or Internet website (my emphasis- Ben) which is unadvisable. If followed, it is entirely possible that this will cause you to incur a substantial amount in costs.
 
Under your Credit Agreement we expect you to maintain payments to your account on the agreed basis. As your account is currently in arrears we are proceeding with our normal action for the recovery of borrowing and if your account is not returned to order, this may lead to your account being closed for debt recovery purposes. This may also result in adverse information being registered at Credit Reference agencies which will effect any future plans for borrowing you might have.
 
Lloyds TSB also expects you to maintain your current account within any agreed overdraft facility and reserves the right to proceed with action for the recovery of borrowing against this account should you fail to keep the account in order.
 
(There follows a paragraph explaining how I can contact the bank's collections centre and a debt management agency- Ben)
 
If you are in any doubt as to your own legal position we strongly advise you to seek independent legal advice from a solicitor, showing them this letter. If you intend to appoint a legal representative, please let us have their details. Alternatively, if appropriate, you can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Money Advice Centre, which you will find in your local Phone Book.
 
I know this is not the outcome you were hoping for. however, I trust I've explained the reasons for our decision. If you wish, you have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, so long as you do so within six months of this letter. Please find a copy of the relevant information leaflet enclosed. Also enclosed is a copy of our complaints leaflet which gives details of our commitment to how we deal with complaints.
 
It is important we resolve your query fairly, so if you feel we've misunderstood it or you have any further questions, or further information which may effect our decision, please contact me.
 
Yours sincerely.
 
(Name) Customer Services. Lloyds TSB
 
I've also had about 5 or 6 phonecalls asking to speak to "Mr Ben Emlyn-Jones". I always ask them to repeat the surname and first name and then explain that I am no longer trustee of that statute law corporation and refer them to the National Records Office. As regular HPANWO-readers will know, I've divorced my statute law self and destroyed all documents relating to my association with it, see here for background: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/destroying-my-passport.html and: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/quitting-my-statute-law-self.html I'll be replying to this letter with the standard Get Out of Debt Free series, see: http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/

3 comments:

The 100th Monkey said...

Stick to your guns my friend, I haven't paid a single penny on any of my alleged credit card or bank loan debts since 2007. I have never met a bailiff, not been taken to court or had anything other that a massive dressing down from a solicitor over the phone where upon I just laughed at him and told him he was full of s**t and to make good on his threats and see me in court with proof of claim,full disclosure of the fact and proof that i was the PERSON he claimed me to be. You could hear his mouth flapping where he gave up. The next month I recieved a letter saying that his firm would no longer be dealing with this matter and to expect further empty threats and intimidation from some debt collecting agency who got the same brush off. Occasionally I recieve the odd threatening letter which I always circle the relevant words such as' Might' and 'May' which always preceed the threatening part. Then I place it back I the same envelope as it was sent in and write 'NO CONSENT, NO CONTRACT' then send it back to then at their expense. Its great fun and has saved me a great deal of money and heart ache. It has also shown me who has the power in this situation, and it ain't them my friend.

Keep on trucking brother

Guy

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Hi Guy. Thanks, mate. Well done for standing up against the debt trap youself! Good luck and let us know how you get on :-)

williampfrith58 said...

You were ok spending the money in the first place. Pay it back.