Monday 30 April 2012

Legal "Gloom-Talk"



Yesterday Ustane and I tried to think of a word that meant the opposite of “pep-talk”, ie: a speech that was designed to discourage, to quell motivation and create despondency. No adequate word exists so we had a good laugh trying to invent one: We decided on “gloom-talk” and “plop-talk”. However, the hilarity soon wore thin as today I experienced the serious side of this neolexia.

In a HPANWO TV vid I made a while ago I said that I was seeking legal advice about my discharge from the Hospital Portering Service, see: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/tv-guns-and-lawyers.html . I’d contacted an industrial solicitor and sent him my case notes for him to look through. Today he phoned me to announce that he is not taking on my case. He’s returning my case notes in the post. He then proceeded to give me a bit of a “gloom-talk”... or “plop-talk”, whichever you prefer, and told me that in his opinion there was no way any lawyer could win this case for me. He said several times that I should have made a deal with management at the investigation meeting, agreed to remove some of the “offensive" videos; and he’s not the first to say that! I’m actually very tired with people giving me advice and criticism for my handling of faits accompli. What’s more I still think, in all honesty, that in light of the suspicious circumstances I made the right decision and was wise not to trust them. I think it would have done me no good for reasons that I’ve explained, see: http://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/ben-emlyn-jones-on-richplanet-tv.html and: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/ben-emlyn-jones-live-at-ldidg.html .

I was becoming increasingly disheartened and annoyed with the man. I began to protest and he said: “Look, don’t get me wrong. If you’re talking to me privately and off the record I agree with you. I do think what happened to you looks very suspicious and it’s very likely that you were stitched up... but it’s one thing to say that to you informally, another thing entirely to prove it at a tribunal.” He then went on to say that in all his years of legal practice, close to two decades, he’d never ever heard of another case like mine. “It’s a very strange situation, Ben.” he said. “Very strange indeed.” I thanked him and hung up. I’m not angry really; after all, I made it clear I couldn’t pay him unless we won.

What I really need now to proceed is direct evidence. As I’ve said before, I have overwhelming circumstantial evidence, but nothing direct. What I mean by direct evidence is something that positively proves that the case against me was bogus: like a memo between managers arranging to fake the complaint or somebody in the know on the inside blowing the whistle. Ideally I’d like anybody out there who knows anything about what’s happened to me to please come forward. Contact me privately, in the strictest of confidence. I would be so grateful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.equinoxpub.com/POM/article/view/14018/11208

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

That's the same duff article you posted on my May Morning film, Anon.