Thursday 26 April 2012

BBC makes UFO Conspiracy Road Trip



It has come to my attention that the BBC are making a programme about people who believe in UFO’s. From what I’ve seen this programme is going to be very similar to the infamous production, 9/11 Conspiracy Road Trip. It will feature the same presenter and involve the same kind of format: He takes people on a coach trip all round the United States showing them places where ABC conspiratorial legend is supposed to have happened etc, see: http://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/911-conspiracy-road-trip.html . The Corporation has put calls out for people who believe in UFO’s to audition for the show. I can’t go because it involves foreign travel and I don’t have a passport (See: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/destroying-my-passport.html ), but if I could I probably would choose not to. This is because the BBC employ psychologists, and that covers a multitude of sins, but some are rumoured to have been trained by Derren Brown and you only have to watch one of his shows to realize the danger there! The 9/11 programme turned Charlie Veitch into a believer in the official story of 9/11 overnight.

If anybody else wants to go I’d advise you not to, but of course it’s entirely up to you. If you do get picked then remember what I’ve said and be on your guard!

12 comments:

The evans girl said...

To perfect this UFO tour, just add
Professor Chris French.

Richard said...

With all due respect the budget for th UFO part of the series is huge and I have talked in great detail to the production company. They are using well known investigators and researchers from the states also. Things are changing in the media and the BBC has assured me they are not out to ridicule anyone plus I have seen the schedule and it is very impressive. This will be a good one to take note of.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Is that so, Richard? Well if the leopard changes its spots then all will be forgiven!

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Evan's girl, Frenchie might be too busy. He's still a sole trader in the Renta-Skeptic business!

Tamsin Jones said...

I have to agree with Richard on this I know someone at the BBC who works on commissioning and the BBC really wanted to touch base with people and not fob the subject off.
They have the five people taking part confirmed now apprently and there are a few suprises in store for this I'm told with some very well know names invovled. Also its been confrimed that Robbie Williams will take part so it can't be that bad.

Scott L. felton said...

The BBC aren't out to ridicule 'anyone'. The Corporation is out to ridicule Ufology. A big difference.

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

There was a time when the BBC did allow certain investigate journalism to slip through the net - Adam Curtis' Power Of Nightmares is a good example - but we must never lose sight of the fact that this is the BBC we're talking about.

This is the corporation that has blantantly lied to and mislead us about 9/11 for over 10 years, the corporation that told us swine flu vaccinations were perfectly safe and everybody should have them, the corporation that sugar coats the real state of economic affairs in the world, need I go on?

I would be very concerned if people in the alternative community suddenly forgot these crucial facts, just because it's convenient.

If they do make a credible job of presenting this important subject in an honest and well intentioned way, then thats great. But before we start celebrating, we really need to start asking the question why?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Ben.
All the best.
Carl (The 'Guide)

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Carl, "The Power of Nightmares" and those other documentaries by Adam Curtis were the last decent documentaries the BBC made. The Corporation's coverage of 9/11 UFO's and similar topics has been very poor in my opinion. Why should that change now? So Tamsin, I'm afraid I'll believe what you say when I see it.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Anyway, Seeing as this is becoming such a long conversation, I invite you all to join the HPANWO Forum. See Links column. Or go direct to the relevant thread: http://hpanwoforum.freeforums.org/bbc-makes-ufo-conspiracy-road-trip-t2899.html

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

Just to update you Ben.
I have come across a blog article posted by PZ Meyers, a biologist and associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris. He was interviewed for the forthcoming UFO Conspiracy Road Trip and his article makes for interesting reading... especially his views of the 'trippers' themselves. Our concerns may have been justified, but we'll wait and see!

Here is the link:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/05/12/my-day-in-flagstaff/

All the best.
Carl (The 'Guide)

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Carl. Sorry for the delay in replying. I do check back on comments on old articles, but not every day.