Friday 6 March 2020

Dreaming Saucers Group

Since my return from the Research and Witness Convention, see: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2020/03/rawcon-2020.html, I've been thinking a lot about my life; in particular my relationships with others. It's sobering to think that almost my entire social life is online; in fact when my internet was cut off a few weeks ago I honestly felt like I was on a desert island. This is a common complaint among people who have the kinds of ideas that you read about on HPANWO Voice. I have a family, but they have their own lives. My daughter is now an adult; in fact she hits her quarter-century this month. She has her friends and work colleagues to hang out with. I split up with "Sue Ustane" in 2016. Since leaving the hospital I do not have any close friends of the kind I had there. There are several porters I am still in touch with, but I only see them every few months. UFO/paranormal/conspiracy theory conferences are literally the only occasions where I can interact with others honestly and openly. This is probably why I find them so emotionally intense. The UFO/para/con community is a thin sprinkling of individuals scattered across the world. We only usually socialize at all on the net. However, some people do succeed in making contact with others in the area where they live and form social circles in "meatspace". For example Truth Seekers North East, see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2019/05/truth-seekers-north-east-5-off-duty.html, and the East Anglia UFO Group, see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2018/02/seti-and-ufos.html. My hometown is sadly a "sheeple" stronghold and has no such organization. Therefore the solution to my problem is to become proactive and try and set one up myself where I live, which is Oxford UK. I have put an advertisement in a local classifieds page which reads: "Are you interested in UFO's, the paranormal or government cover-ups? Do you live in Oxford or the surrounding area? Then why not join Dreaming Saucers? We are a friendly local meet-up group for like-minded people who love talking about the above subjects. Email Ben at bennyjay74@gmx.co.uk for details." I have also set up a Facebook group, see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/230549361452790/. This group is set to Private because some parties might need personal and professional confidentiality. It is only open to people from Oxford or nearby locations. I have decided to stick with the "Dreaming Saucers" franchise because I like it and it combines the subject matter with local identity. I would also like to hold a second Dreaming Saucers conference at some point and with other people on my side in Oxford this will be a lot easier. I know that there can be hazards when reaching out to strangers in this manner and I will keep my personal details private. I will only meet with other members in a public place. However, if my plan works then it could be a new lease of life for me, and for others. Who knows how many tin foil hat-wearing solitary individuals there are in Oxford stumbling around in the dark thinking they are the only one.

No comments: