Saturday 18 December 2021

In Defence of Mask-Wearers

 
I've had a rather unpleasant comment posted under my Rebel Masks article, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2020/06/rebel-masks.html. I did not approve it and will not repeat all its content, but the general gist was that I was a "cuck!" and was making excuses and copouts for not refusing to wear a mask full stop. This issue also came up on a recent HPANWO TV film: http://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2021/12/bases-project-christmas-lectures-2021.html. This is not only unfair, it is very sad. It appears that the anti-lockdown movement is suffering from the same affliction as many other factions of the Truth community, 9/11, UFO's etc; truth posers. These are people who are only involved in the conspirasphere in order to lord it over other people. For them it is a quick ego fix at the expense of people they consider easy to target for that purpose. Firstly, I'm not a "cuck", coward in other words; if I were wouldn't I have fled in this situation?: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/341073704. Secondly, I think my idea in the article was very creative and functions as a positive alternative to total refusal, not as a dodge. I know I am being heretical here, but there are many people, including some good people whom I like and respect, who have made mask-wearing an icon for the entire anti-lockdown position. In fact the phrase "Are you going to mask up?" has almost become a synonym for: "Do you oppose Covid 19 lockdowns and everything that goes with them?" I actually consider the wearing of masks as secondary importance to the most crucial issue: mass vaccination, vaccine passports and the whole identity database state. Yet despite this, refusing to wear a mask in any situation has become a kind of shibboleth, the heartwood gesture of the entire mission. Do it and your in, don't do it and you're out. No other activity matters. Is this fair? Should we completely write somebody off as a weakling turncoat, totally worthless to the cause, simply because they agree to put a piece of cloth over their face on private property because the owner asks them to? I personally do not reject people like that. What counts in this situation is not how many people refuse to wear a mask, it is how many refuse to be vaccinated or be entered onto the Big Brother app. How many of the loudmouths strutting like a peacock through supermarkets filming themselves yelling at shelf stackers will, when push comes to shove, roll up their sleeve and hold out their phone? In my experience, the most flamboyant and most conscious of their public image will sell out their principles the moment their ego detects a heartier meal across the aisle. Despite all this, I would always say to people not to wear one of the ordinary masks, just a "rebel" one; and don't wear it for any longer than you can before it makes you feel uncomfortable or damages your health. A man who wears the mask, but when it comes to real honest resistance, does his duty, is one I hold in far higher regard. If this article means I fail some kind of ideological purity test, so be it.
See here for background: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2012/07/charlie-veitchs-armed-resistance.html.
And: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2021/02/coronavirus-portal.html.

6 comments:

Adrian said...

Well said amigo

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Adrian.

Araminta Mooncrow said...

If at times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act, then leaving one’s ego at the door, is the truly heroic thing to do. Quiet acts of integrity are the way to go, not tantrums for the sake of tantrums. We are not Feminists after all 😉 Much respect to you Ben. ✊🏻😺

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Unknowm. You too. I quite agree. Watch the quiet ones!

Lemsip said...

I will wear my mask where it is mandated and have threaded or buttoned something through the ear loops so it doesn't fall off when hanging from my ears or so I don't have to keep getting it out from my pocket or bag when entering a shop and putting it back in there. I can wear it around my neck instead when out in the street. It's a proper three layer mask with a non woven layer. It gets very uncomfortable to wear in summer and in winter keeps you warm in the street.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Hi Lemsip. As I say in this article, I won't judge you for that. However, you can get masks which have a subversive message on them; or you can make them yourself. Have you considered that?