See here for
essential background: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2026/06/disclosure-day-film-review.html.
And: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2026/06/disclosure-day-day.html.
Steven Spielberg's Disclosure Day has been released onto home media. It can be purchased or rented on digital streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Apple TV or Fandango. Alternatively you can buy the DVD; normal format, Blu-Ray or 4K UHD. This has not been released yet, but you can reserve a copy on pre-order. Source: https://www.disclosuredaymovie.com. Regular readers will guess which one I have chosen, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2026/06/memory-holed-movies_0503601583.html. Hopefully they will be sent out soon. Obviously, like with all films, Disclosure Day has "proliferated". Anybody who searches for a while will find illegal websites where the film can be seen for free, usually on low quality streams with an infestation of ad-ware, in violation of the filmmaker's copyright. I ask readers not to use these and to pay the people who created this brilliant work of cinematic art for the product they made for you, fair and square. I'm still not sure how Steven Spielberg's new film will contribute to what Jeremy Corbell calls "shaping the emerging UAP narrative", but we're bound to find out soon.
See here for background: https://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2020/02/ufo-disclosure-portal.html.
And: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2026/06/disclosure-day-day.html.
Steven Spielberg's Disclosure Day has been released onto home media. It can be purchased or rented on digital streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Apple TV or Fandango. Alternatively you can buy the DVD; normal format, Blu-Ray or 4K UHD. This has not been released yet, but you can reserve a copy on pre-order. Source: https://www.disclosuredaymovie.com. Regular readers will guess which one I have chosen, see: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2026/06/memory-holed-movies_0503601583.html. Hopefully they will be sent out soon. Obviously, like with all films, Disclosure Day has "proliferated". Anybody who searches for a while will find illegal websites where the film can be seen for free, usually on low quality streams with an infestation of ad-ware, in violation of the filmmaker's copyright. I ask readers not to use these and to pay the people who created this brilliant work of cinematic art for the product they made for you, fair and square. I'm still not sure how Steven Spielberg's new film will contribute to what Jeremy Corbell calls "shaping the emerging UAP narrative", but we're bound to find out soon.
See here for background: https://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2020/02/ufo-disclosure-portal.html.

2 comments:
Unfortunately, and borne out in the very fast appearance on video on demand services this film is far from 'this brilliant work of cinematic art' as you suggest. As someone who felt disappointed in it I have avoided bothering until now to really look at consensus opinion from reviews and fellow viewers. Really the numbers tell the picture, with early box office demand in the first week it dropped off a cliff the following week, presumably from word of mouth from disappointed movie goers. It's struggling to break even from it's estimated production costs of £300 million and with only 6 weeks box office exclusivity the decision to stream must be an effort to recoup costs. There is an entire industry looking at viewer demographics and the data seems to suggest this film didn't capture the attention of younger audiences who are more likely to go the cinema. Perhaps sales of streaming might do better with the older generation (especially given the dated feel of the film). I give this Spielberg outing a C- or 'Meh' rating. Close encounters of the third kind being A+
There's no doubt CE3 is a masterpiece and a tough act to follow. As you know if you've seen my reviews, I made an effort not to compare it with DD. My sentiments about this film are my own subjective opinion and require no justification. As I explain in this article, I don't give a damn what the critics say: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2008/06/critics.html . I am disappointed if DD has failed to make its mark financially, but there's nothing I can do about that. It's up to the people and what they choose to go and see. All I can do is contribute myself. DD has polarized the people I know, mostly in the UFO community. Some who are as enthusiastic as me, like Bryce Zabel and Dan Harary, disliked it. Maybe part of the problem is that the film promised so much. I made this point long before it was released. I said we would be disappointed with it because it is unlikely to match our expectations.
Post a Comment