Tuesday 14 September 2021

Gareth Davies' Memorial Video

 
The memorial service for Gareth Davies took place last Wednesday and I attended. It was a short, simple and moving service at a church in the district of St Thomas in Swansea, Wales where Gareth comes from. I met Gareth's family who were lovely people. Gareth closest childhood friend, Darrell, gave a heart-filled speech. The vicar conducted the service very well. Many thanks to Matthew Williams for filming it.
See here for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF-AQ_SoF3U.
See here for Matt's introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RWrehJ35Qs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, only just heard of the passing of Gareth, I really can't believe he died. Loved listening to Gareth and yourself, Reeves and co on the Mindset Podcast, listened to every show always a breath of fresh air with everyone's views on various subjects. He will be sadly missed Ben.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

Thanks, Anon. I'm trying to come to terms with it myself. Gareth was my weekly lifeline to sanity. We're trying to carry on his mission with Third Rail Radio, see HPANWO Radio in the links column. However, there will never be another Gareth. He was unique and he is now gone from this world for however long it still endures.

Anonymous said...

No problem Ben. Gareth's shows were something I looked forward to listening to nearly every week (when I had the time) and I would catch up on the past shows. Gareth's humour was great, his Alex Jones impersonation use to crack me up when he would say "errm, let me just stop you there Reeves" lol, at least Gareth had a sense of humour and didn't take things too seriously. I understand you being angry at all the people saying he didn't have Covid, I don't know what to make of all this now. I didn't like Mark Devlin's attitude when I mentioned his passing where he said "how can you die of something that doesn't exist" where his words, I know he didn't mean like that. I find Mark abit arrogant if you ask me.

Ben Emlyn-Jones said...

I think Mark's a good guy, but I think the C19 exists. It's just being used as an excuse. Good news! Somebody has been in touch who says they have the original Nervous Teeth archive! Hope so.